Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Our Virtual Lives


In Richard Kahn and Douglas Kellner’s article, Oppositional Politics and the Internet, they discuss the growth of the Internet and how it is being used in several different ways – good or bad. There is so much power in the Internet; if one desires, they could find information about you in an instant. Billions of people use the Internet on a daily basis, whether it is for business reasons or personal. That being said, I really don’t know where my life would be without the Internet. It’s crazy to think that such a thing exists in my lifetime. I remember my dad explaining to me what the Internet was and what it was used for, and now I’m actually utilizing it. It’s really unbelievable how many important things you can find out on the Internet. I wonder what our world would be like without it…

No comments:

Post a Comment