Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What Will They Create Next?


After reading Inventing The Cosmo Girl, Class Identity and Girl-Style American Dreams I couldn't help but to compare it to my own textual analysis. In this article I was amazed at this fictional woman that Brown had created throughout her time working at Cosmopolitan and in her own books. She held so much power in her words and articles to almost "brain wash" all of her followers to morph into this "Cosmo girl." I never realized that people or advertisers had the power to create these fake identities that out society actually follows. Reading articles like this one and doing other textual analysis's really opened my eyes up to what in my opinion is corruption to our society. I can relate this article to my own textual analysis paper, which was arguing that an advertisement that ABC Family had placed in OK magazine was creating this "ideal" teenager. Lately, I find myself watching or looking at advertisements and only thinking about the message behind it all and what there really trying to sell us and what elements there trying to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment